Groups of hosting services
A hosting service suggests depositing and/or sharing given web content on a web server hosted by a web hosting provider. There are various sorts of hosting services used for different ends, so let's have a look at these. Doing so, you can pick what you need, based on whether you desire to launch a web portal, emails, or to share files with mates and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a service offered by given file storage providers, which allows you to share big files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archives, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its only goal is to share files, since it does not support web page uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to view a list of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to view .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free-of-charge file storage solutions are frequently supported by displaying ads by the download links, while a timer compels you to wait for a particular period of time to perceive them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you possess a paid file storage account, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no limit in regard to the download speed or the file size.
These days, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting merchandisers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more fashionable "cloud hosting". This is a totally amiss interpretation of the literal definition of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would allocate the workload between separate groups of web servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to serving different site hosting services (mail, storage space, statistics, DNS, databases, webspace hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is merely a sort of a disk storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; certain distributors offer a hosting service for pictures only. This hosting kind is appropriate if you want to share a big amount of images with buddies or partners since the service is usually free. You will obtain a randomly generated link for each and every image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be utilized for web sites.
- E-mail hosting: a service committed to administering your e-mail aliases. Some vendors offer web site hosting services for websites, but do not offer an email hosting service. If you desire to run an email address with your domain name but do not want to possess a site, then the email hosting service is what you want. You can create email address accounts and manage them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The email hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution enables you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to some video file, or you can embed the video clip in your web site that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of availing of this method in lieu of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video clip produces a specific amount of central processing unit load, so with several video files and several hundred visitors, you may have difficulty with your web site hosting resources. Embedding the video will allow you to use as many video clips as you want to without bothering about system resources.
- Web hosting: this is the solution that you require if you wish to own a site. To some extent, it contains all of the aforesaid hosting brands since, along with your websites, you can also host images and files, you can have databases and mail address accounts, upload video files, etc. At Papua Web Hosting, for instance, you can take a peek at web hosting and dedicated web hosting services that permit you to have all of the aforementioned services in one place. There may be limits based on the type of hosting solution that you've settled on - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your hosting plan may be better or worse compared with the usual e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are tailored for particular content exclusively.